By April 30th, Ithaca Health Alliance needs to raise $20,000.
We need your support to continue meeting the growing demand for our health care and health-related financial assistance services. Every dollar you donate will provide $5 worth of medical and holistic health care for individuals and families in need. Your donation will make an impact on their lives! Take this opportunity to support the belief that health care is a human right and strengthen the Ithaca Health Alliance model of grassroots community health care.
The Ithaca Health Alliance’s innovative programs have served 18,000 people since 1998. We run three crucial programs:
Ithaca Free Clinic: Providing free medical & holistic care for people who have no health insurance or cannot afford holistic care. The majority of people depending on the safety net provided by the Clinic are employed, but still do not have access to affordable health care. Since 2006, served more than 8,000 patients through 21,000 visits.
Our Free Clinic is widely known as the first free clinic in the US to offer both primary medical and holistic care through an integrated model. Services are provided by volunteers and include Primary Medical Care, Acupuncture, Chiropractic Care, Counseling, Employment Physicals, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition Consultations, Women’s Health, and more. Community partners provide additional services in the clinic including health insurance enrollment, free HIV testing, and HIV primary care.
Ithaca Health Fund: Financial assistance & advocacy for income-qualified people facing medical debt. Since 1998, leveraged close to a million dollars’ worth of medical debt reduction for 2,000 people.
Community Health Education: Free prevention & self-care resources and programs. Since 2000, reached more than 8,000 people through 400 educational offerings.
Many people ask us, “doesn’t everyone have health insurance now?” Actually, the Affordable Care Act was never intended to provide universal health insurance coverage. In Tompkins County, only about 30% of the previously uninsured people now have health insurance, leaving 70% still uninsured. Many of the newly insured people have plans with high deductibles and out of pocket costs making it difficult or not possible to afford their health care. Time Magazine lists Ithaca in the top 10 most expensive places for health insurance premiums. Our programs are still as needed as ever. A generous donation today will ensure that your community in and around Tompkins County will have access to health care, financial assistance, and educational resources.
The Ithaca Health Alliance is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Set up an AUTOMATIC, MONTHLY RECURRING DONATION! You can use Pay Pal through this campaign or CLICK HERE to use your credit card. You can also send us a check made out to Ithaca Health Alliance and mail to: PO Box 362, Ithaca, NY 14851 (Memo line: Peaks).
Ithaca Health Alliance
Office & Clinic: 521 West Seneca Street, Ithaca, NY 14850